Sunday, September 3, 2017

Going for a Test Read

Have you ever wanted to take a new author for a "test read" without committing the time to an entire novel? I'm finding that an increasing number of authors are releasing (often free in e-book format) novellas that are prequels to a series. I've been loving these novellas and adding the novels in their related series to my To Be Read list! Here are a few that I have read or recommend trying.

A Lady of Esteem by Kristi Ann Hunter


I absolutely loved this novella and I ran right out and bought all three of the subsequent books in the Hawthorne House series! If you enjoy historical, Regency, and/or Cinderella themed Christian stories, I highly recommend you try out this novella and see if you don't fall in love with the Hawthorne House family, too!

Then Came You by Becky Wade


I loved some of Becky Wade's previous novels, especially My Stubborn Heart, and I squealed with glee when I saw this novella was released! I read it right away and loved it! It is completely written in letters, phone conversations, and diary entries which makes it unique and all the more interesting.

Love at First Bark by Dana Mentink


I am part way through this series and was delighted to find a related novella. This is a sweet, comical story. I really liked Dana Mentink's Sit, Stay, Love: A Novel for Dog Lovers and her novel Paws For Love is still on my "To Be Read" list.

I purchased (or downloaded the e-book versions for free) these novellas. I was not required to write a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Have you ever found a new author or series through a novella?



No comments:

Post a Comment